Thank you for accessing the New Harbour Distillery website. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to You (the user) whilst accessing the New Harbour Distillery website (the ‘Site’) and its related channels. This Site is operated for the purpose of promoting alcoholic beverages.
Acceptance of Use
Users of this site are bound to the terms and conditions detailed below. By accessing the Site, You should be:
- Of legal age for purchasing and consuming alcoholic beverages in accordance with the regulations of your country of residence.
- In a country which permits the promotion and consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Aware of how to consume alcohol responsibly.
For more information relating to responsible alcohol consumption please refer to https://aware.org.za/
If You do not wish to be bound by the terms and conditions detailed, You should not use New Harbour Distillery Site.
You, the user, should make use of the Site in accordance with the following conditions:
- You may not in any way, shape or form act on behalf of New Harbour Distillery or affiliated products/ individuals.
- You will not copy, download, reproduce, republish, frame, broadcast, transmit in any manner whatsoever, any material on the Site except as is strictly necessary for your own personal, non-commercial, home use unless otherwise agreed in writing with New Harbour Distillery.
- You will not express opinions on the Site or related channels that are crude, racist, sexist, vulgar or otherwise offensive.
- When participating in competitions or promotions from the Site or related channels you will ensure to abide by any specific rules set.
- You will refrain from infringing or disrupting the Site from functioning, exposing it to viruses or spams, breaching security or conducting any illegal activity which is likely to violate the rights of New Harbour Distillery.
- You will refrain from sending content from the Site to persons under the legal alcohol consumption/purchasing age.
Where relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor use of the Site and to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, may be offensive, illegal or otherwise questionable in any way or in breach of the terms and conditions.
The information contained on the Site may include views and opinions which, unless expressly states otherwise, are not those of New Harbour Distillery.
Users should access the New Harbour Distillery Site at their own risk.
Whilst we aim to ensure that the content on the Site is correct New Harbour Distillery cannot give any warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the Site. Nor can New Harbour Distillery guarantee that the Site will operate error-free, uninterrupted or free from any so-called computer viruses. The Site and its content are provided ‘as is’. New Harbour Distillery do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage You may encounter as a consequence of placing trust in the information found on the Site. Appropriate research should be taken by the user before placing reliance upon the content found on the Site. Any reliance placed on information found on the Site should be done at the users own risk.
Third Party Sites
New Harbour Distillery has no control of, accept no responsibility for and do not endorse any content found within third party sites which may be linked to New Harbour Distillery Site. Links to these sites are to ease access for the user. Any reliance placed on information found on third party sites should be done at the user’s own risk.
Should New Harbour Distillery or one of its sub-brands run a competition the following terms and conditions apply:
- By entering our competitions, you confirm that you are of legal drinking age in your country of residence.
- Employees of the Promoter, their families and anyone professionally involved with these competitions are excluded from participating.
- You may only enter once unless otherwise stated by the competition.
- The competition will terminate at midnight (GMT) on the date set unless otherwise specified.
- Any competition entry containing individuals New Harbour Distillery consider to be under 18 will be excluded from the competition and New Harbour Distillery reserves the right to hide or remove this content from any of their digital channels.
- New Harbour Distillery reserve the right to exclude competition entries they deem to be illegal, explicit, abusive or offensive in any way and hide or remove this content from any of their digital channel.
- New Harbour Distillery reserve the right to exclude competition entries that appear to encourage irresponsible drinking or behaviour and hide or remove this content from any of their digital channel.
- New Harbour Distillery reserve the right to hide or remove content from any of their digital channels that contains references to competitors of New Harbour Distillery or any third party logos or trademarks.
Competitions - The Prize
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered unless the winner is in a country we cannot ship alcohol to and the prize is alcohol. In this instance, the winner will receive an alternative prize of equivalent value to that of the prize stated. Prizes are not transferable.
- Dependent on the competition, prizes containing alcohol may only be shipped to certain countries due to import restrictions. See Delivery for more details.
- If the prize is tour based, travel and accommodation expenses are not included in the offering.
Competitions - Winner Selection
- Winners will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator.
- The winners will be notified via email after each competition has ended.
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Some competitions may be specific to registered New Harbour Distillery users. Under these circumstances, if a competition entry is received by an individual who is not a registered user the entry will not be counted as valid.
- Data and/or files submitted on newharbourdistillery.co.za will be retained for the purposes of administering competition winners.
- Competition entrant’s consent to the Promoter's use and processing of the entrant's personal data/files in connection with the competition.
- The Promoter may use such details to let the entrant know about other products, services and promotions which they think may be of interest to the entrant.
- Participants consent to their submitted data/files being used for Marketing purposes by the Promoter but may opt out at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- If submitting a story, photo or video as part of a competition, the participant agrees to New Harbour Distillert (or one of their brands) making use of this content within online promotional channels such as websites and social media pages.
- Participants may opt out of receiving further emails from New Harbour Distillery, any of their brands or from 3rd parties and may request their details be removed from the database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Offer Codes
- Customers may only redeem offer codes for one transaction.
- Offer codes may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- All offers are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of shipping charges.
The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, amend or temporarily suspend the competitions at its absolute discretion, provided that it shall not exercise this right unreasonably. In all matters regarding these competitions, the decision of the Promoter will be final and binding. By entering competitions run by New Harbour Distillery, the entrant hereby agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Distillery Workshops - Online Booking Terms
- Distillery workshops include Distilling 101 and Make your own Gin.
- Your booking reference must be produced as proof of booking on the day of the visit. Payments for Workshops are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If you are struggling to make your chosen workshop time, please let us know as early as possible. Bookings may only be changed at the discretion of New Harbour Distillery.
- All persons doing a workshop must book in advance to reserve their spot.
- No workshop may be resold. If New Harbour Distillery reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold, the holder may be refused entry to the New Harbour Distillery workshops without payment of compensation.
- Prices may be subject to change; however, all pre-booked workshops will be honoured at the rate applied at the time of purchase.
- A senior citizen is aged 60 years and over. In all cases proof of age must be provided. Some of you look younger than you are.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by someone over the age of 18.
- In accordance with South African law smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Pets and animals are prohibited with the exception of guide dogs.
- As a licensed premise, New Harbour Distillery retains the right at its discretion to refuse entry.
- New Harbour Distiller will endeavour to ensure that the workshop or experience is open for use by visitors. However, New Harbour Distillery reserves the right, in its discretion, for safety, maintenance or otherwise to close any part of the experience with or without prior notice. In the event of such closure New Harbour Distillery will issue visitors with a full refund for their particular workshop, but otherwise shall have no liability whatever, including no liability for travel or out of pocket expenses in respect of closure or cancellation.
- Come and have fun. Relax. Enjoy yourself. See you soon.
Unless otherwise stated, all contents of the Site are copyright to New Harbour Distillery Ltd Pty.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa